Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The job recovery

  1. #1
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just for you who think the job recovery is all about minimum wage dish washers.

    A major telecom cable and connector company is currently looking for 4 Sales exceutives in the Oh, Northern KY, IN, and western PA areas, $75K to $90K depending on your abilities. They have over 20 openings nation wide.

    While the liberals here will scoff at the numbers, this is the first time I have seen openings in this field in 6 years.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Looking for work or not, I always check the help wanted ads in the paper. There have been some unusual ones as of late in what appear to be some pretty high paying industriy possitions.

    So, maybe things are more far reaching than just lower paying jobs.

    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greg

    Here is a link to a job board in my industry.

    http://www.bicsi.org/Resources/JobBoard/JobListing.aspx

    When such a small section of the job market has 105 open positions posted, I think things are looking up.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see PINA has nothing to say.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Piña's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by travelinman:
    I see PINA has nothing to say.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why, you miss me already?

    Actually I was just thinking how nice that there are more jobs finally. Now we just have to get another, what is it, 1.8 million more and bushella might break even for his stay in the big white house. (Not holding my breath mind you.)

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pi?a:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by travelinman:
    I see PINA has nothing to say.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why, you miss me already?

    Actually I was just thinking how nice that there are more jobs finally. Now we just have to get another, what is it, 1.8 million more and bushella might break even for his stay in the big white house. (Not holding my breath mind you.)
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please give your source. It's my understanding the job deficit numbers posted by the Dems and the Kerry campaign are completely bogus.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Piña's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by reason:
    Please give your source. It's my understanding the job deficit numbers posted by the Dems and the Kerry campaign are completely bogus.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I actually was going to post a response to this the day you asked. I went to Google and found so many sources, liberal, conservative, republican and democrat that actually cited the number at closer to 2.5 million that I was blown away.

    I was going to post them here but my computer went belly up on me in the middle of posting and I forgot about it.

    Just go to Google and poke around a bit.

    I'll do it if you'd like but honestly there's just so much I'm suprised you would question it.

  8. #8
    Emperor Napoleon
    Guest Emperor Napoleon's Avatar

  9. #9
    Emperor Napoleon
    Guest Emperor Napoleon's Avatar

    Post

    Well work is out there for people. I have been unemployed when the economy was booming and I have had a great job when the economy was allegedly terrible. It's worse to be out of a job when the economy is supposedly doing well because you don't get very much empathy and have to run the risk of more red tape to get extended benefits on unemployment if it runs out on you because it looks like "What's your problem the economy is great..." But when you need a job and you let pride get in your way because you don't want to take something "beneath you" you don't get much sympathy from me. A job is a job, you can always get something better later. Put your pride in your pocket and flip burgers or work at a Home Depot if you have to. They always need someone for something. Anybody out of work a year or more has to have something wrong with them IMHO. They need to take what they can get and move on...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •